Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Testing To See If The Font Does Not Change

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Today I am testing out a theory.  I cannot figure out why the font on my other posts changes, but I'm thinking it is because I am adding the pictures as I go.  I am going to try typing everything first and then add the pictures.

I will explain in more detail about our first day of school kick-off.  It is really fun and goes with our explorer unit.  Anne and I dress up like we are going on a safari.

I'm going to buy a bug catcher and magnifying glass from the dollar store to add to my costume.

The students do not know what to make of it when we greet them in their lines that first morning.  When they enter the classroom, they find safari hats, a squishy globe, and binoculars on their desks.  They also have a scavenger hunt sheet clipped to a board.  Their first activity is to explore the "World of Third Grade," and try to discover what we will be learning about right away.

You may have seen this before because I think we wrote about it last year or the year before.


We tape these to their safari hats.


This has been a hit with the students for the past two years, so we are hoping it will be again this year.  I am still undecided whether to continue this first-day tradition, or think of a new "get-up."  For now, we are sticking with what we have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment